Monday 9 May 2016

A weekend away (1 month update)

So today marks 1 month since I arrived here in France, and 1 month left of my time in here in Charleville before I travel to London to begin my Contiki trip. Time has been going pretty quickly so I need to remember to make the most of every day (which I think is a very important thing to do anyway in everyday life)!

Thursday was a bank holiday so we took a trip to another town for the long weekend. We drove for around 4 hours to a little place called La Bresse which is a tiny village kind of near the France-Germany border. We stopped on the way in a town called Nancy, which I absolutely fell in love with. I'm definitely going to spend longer there next time I come to France, and I quite fancy the idea of a picnic under the trees in the park...

Anyway we spent Thursday to Sunday exploring the wilderness around this mountainous region, we collected herbs which then got turned into pesto, we walked to a swamp and rescued frogs from a drain, we walked and walked and just enjoyed nature - something us New Zealanders have the opportunity to do every day, but here in France is a little harder. We also took mini trips to other towns nearby, like Colmar in L'Alsace which had such interesting architecture and cute colourful buildings. The photos are below :)

Apart from that, just been continuing with tutoring English to my family and currently planning a little trip to Paris to visit some more of the touristy places which I might not get to see on my Contiki.  Some places I hope to get to are the Paris Zoological Park, Palace of Versailles and Disneyland Paris -  pretty much just try fit as much into my trip as possible, but we'll see what happens!

Missing my family and friends at home, but only 6 weeks until I see you all again!! À bientôt xx

























2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I had better put France on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm Macarons! Mmmmmmmmm cheeses! But seriously such beautiful architecture and azure skies! But oh, the good!!

    ReplyDelete