Monday 11 April 2016

I'm in France!

Je suis ici! Here in France, my adventures begin...

1:50pm, Charles de Gaulle airport - I've made it! I have just travelled for around 30 hours to the other side of the world, by myself, to begin the adventure I've been planning for months. 

My lovely host family stands waiting for me at the arrivals gate and even though I was worried that I would not recognise them from our one Skype call a few weeks ago - here they are; big smiles, welcome sign and all. 

I am exhausted after having only a few hours of interrupted sleep on the flight from Dubai to Paris, but meeting my host family and getting outside into the fresh Parisian air gives me an energy boost I desperately needed. We then drive into Paris for the mandatory Eiffel tower photos before heading to Charleville, a town in the North East of France which I will call my home for the next 2 months.

My first night here and I slept for around 12 hours, woke up and felt like I could sleep double that again right away, is this what they call jet lag??? But at the moment I do feel good, of course I miss you all at home already but I know you're just a Facebook message or Skype call away, and hey it's just the other side of the world, no big deal.

But anyway here are just a couple of photos of my first few moments in the city of my dreams. I'll post again soon, à plus xxxx




1 comment: