Sunday 17 April 2016

Le Château de Bouillon


So today I got to experience the two of the main things about Europe I was most excited about, 1- the culture, and 2- how you can just pop over to a whole different country for the day. 

Belgium is now the second country I've visited in Europe and what can I say, I loved it! So my amazing host family and I took a day trip across the border to go to a medieval castle, Le Château de Bouillon. It was very old and beautiful and gave me a glimpse into the rich history of this part of the world. 

Whilst we were there, we saw a show with massive birds of prey like falcons and owls which was amazing and slightly terrifying! After the show we looked around the castle and went up and down many stairs to various lookout towers, prisons, hideouts etc. It was very very cool. 

After all that we went for dessert at a local cafe where I tried actual Belgian waffles, which put up a pretty good fight against 'theobroma chocolate lounge' ones! 

Here are some photos from today! Sorry I don't know how to put them in a cool layout but yeah. 
À plus!! xxxx

















2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic Sophie! So glad that you are experiencing so much in your time away. Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, one of your photos is kind of awkward. Where the Bird guy is standing behind the girl (?) in the orange jacket, looks just the teensiest bit rude 😮😂 heeheehee xx

    ReplyDelete