Friday 22 April 2016

A mime in France

Just a quick update today to let you all know how things are going...

So just because communication in a foreign country wasn't already hard enough for me, I've gone and lost my voice! Good one Sophie, always up for a challenge. The past few days I've had a really bad cold (Thanks Agathe), but then yesterday I woke and went to say 'Bonjour' to my family and nothing came out - great.

Day 1 & 2 of 'Sophie the mute' have been difficult as we've had guests over and I had my French class this morning, which as you can imagine was an interesting experience. It's kind of funny though, because I remember so many times throughout my childhood that I wanted to lose my voice - I remember lying in bed the night before a speech competition wishing to wake up with no voice, but I never ever did. Until being here in France that is. And you probably all know how much I like to talk, so miming and writing down just isn't as fun.

On another note, here is a picture a little girl I was looking after drew for me - I particularly like the zigzag pathway. Another great French artist, this piece belongs in the Louvre for sure.

Salut salut :) talk soon xx

1 comment:

  1. Make you rest up so you don't get even sicker. My voice is still weird a month after my surgery! Take care my little salted caramel cupcake xx

    ReplyDelete